Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baby Kate's Debut





Kate Fay Gibson was born on May 11th at 9:51 pm. She weighed 7 lb. 10 oz. and was 20 1/4 inches long. She's just beautiful and we're already in love with her! It'll be hard to convince people that she is actually my daughter-she definitely takes after her daddy. I can't believe we're parents!

Danny was able to "be there" during the labor and delivery via yahoo messenger. The web cam was set up right next to me for most of my 24-hr labor. We set it up through the hospital, who decided that the local newspapers would be interested in publishing our internet labor story. Both the Reporter Herald and the Coloradoan printed the story and a huge picture on the front page! Here's the links if you want to check them out:

Coloradoan's story "Web cam broadcasts baby's birth to Iraq":
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200990513001

Reporter Herald's story:"Iraq Marine watches birth in Loveland by computer link" :
http://reporterherald.com/news_story.asp?ID=23092

19 comments:

Perry Family said...

You are not biased, she is absolutely beautiful. I think she might favor her Daddy. How great that he got to see the birth on the web-cam. Great news articles too. We can't wait to meet her in person!

Chalice said...

Congratulations to you both! She's just beautiful Amy! I bet your family is just eating her up. Please tell them hello for me.

Johnson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnson Family said...

What a cutie -- those chubby cheeks are to die for! (As you know, we love chubby babies!) Love to you and Kate (and Danny!)!

Alisa said...

Oh, Amy! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. She is so sweet and I am so happy for you to be a mother. Isn't it wonderful? I just love you so much and think she is the luckiest little girl to have you for her mom.

jennis hansen said...

A big Welcome to Kate....and congratulations to you Danny and Amy...she is a cutie, I could bite those cheeks, they are awesome. You will have so much more fun with her on the outside. We love you and can't wait to see her in person. Jennis : )

Tricia A. said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little dolly! You are going to LOVE being a mom. She is a sweet princess-100% Pure Sugar!

DeNae said...

Congratulation Amy and Danny.I am really excited for you both. What a beautiful baby. I hope that you are both getting used to baby Kate's life on the outside. I can't wait to meet her.

Brian and Elise said...

Congrats on a healthy delivery. I bet Danny is quivering in his boots, ready to get back and hold his girls. Wish you all the best

Roundy Crew said...

That's sooo precious! Oh I'm so happy for you and I wish I could be there. We miss you and we're all so happy for your new arrival. She's beautiful! Congratulations! Can't wait to see you in a couple months.

Mary Beth said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful!

Audrey said...

She's beautiful! I loved getting to read the news stories, what a great thing. Congratulations to you and Danny...bring her through sc anytime??? we'd all be so thrilled to se you all again.Get some sleep! much love, Marcene

Marcene said...

ooops i commented in my sister's log in-i'm at her house in PA

Sarah Green said...

Congratulations, Gibsons! She is perfect and beautiful. I'm so pleased Danny was able to watch via webcam. :) Give her kisses from the Greens.

Lindsay said...

Amy! Kate is soooo cute. What a beautiful baby. I've been thinking about you so much and am so happy for you! What a story, I am glad Danny was able to 'be there' with you. I love the articles in the newspapers too. Congratulations. What a lucky baby to have you for her mom.

Sarah said...

Oh yay! Having a baby is so special! Even with a long labor (I feel real sympathy for you there) holding the baby in your arms after all that is just a miracle. I love that feeling. Continue to cherish those feelings and good job making a way to have "dad" be a part of it.

Brenda said...

Oh! She is so beautiful! I am so happy for your family. Thanks for sharing! She's lucky to have you for a mom.

Love,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

She is just adorable!!! Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

AMY!!!!!! Congrats on baby Kate, she is so beautiful! I'm nicknaming her panda, because of this =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNYfZd8iV2k