Sunday, October 24, 2010

My New Hobby

While I was back home in CO, I got into the habit of shopping for deals.  Since most major stores are within minutes of my parent's house, I could hit all my fav's once a week. I didn't feel the pressure to buy anything if it wasn't a good deal.  I could just check back the following week.  Also, I had babysitters, so was able to actually shop (something almost impossible with kids in tow).

Now, having moved back to the middle of nowhere, I still need my shopping fix.  I hate having to keep a list of the things I need "in town" and then when I finally make it to civilization, having to buy everything I need right then and there, regardless of whether or not it's on sale.  Too much pressure.  So I've taken up a new hobby to: garage sailing!  

Here's the best deal I've gotten so far.  A brand new kitchen play set that's originally $80 for...$3!  It has a little crack in the counter.  It was brand new-hadn't even been assembled yet!  The best part is, Kate loves it.  And she loved helping me put it together. 


1 comment:

Jenifer said...

that is AWESOME! Yard sales will get you the BEST deals without having to go "out in town!" LOL