Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Weekend at Barney's






My mom and I flew down to CA last week to watch Amber's kids while she and Chris went to Oakland for a friend's wedding. Once Amber and Chris got back (they were just gone Thursday to Saturday) and the dust settled, we decided that it was a lot of fun. It wasn't so easy to see that amidst the chaos and craziness of keeping up with 3 kids all day long. I've only been back home one day and I already miss them. I did, however, get a full night's sleep last night and quite enjoyed it (I'm enjoying it while I can).
Ben, the youngest (just turned 1) became my constant companion, mostly because I look just like his mom. I'm sure that we were quite a sight walking around together: the 8-month-along pregnant woman carrying a one year old. People probably thought "bad planning, lady." I think for the next baby I will try to space them out a little more than that-it was a tiring few days.
CA was beautiful, and coming back to the cold weather in CO felt like we were going from spring back to winter. But CO is so beautiful in springtime, and it's just around the corner (right?!). I hope so.

2 comments:

Amber Barney said...

We already miss you too!!!! Thank you soooooo much for everything. It was a miracle to sleep through two consecutive nights. Really. I am a new woman!

Derrick and Katrina Lewis said...

Aw you are so cute! It looks like that brown pretty much faded out of your hair! Sounds like you had fun, sorry I wasn't able to make it down to see you. I miss you, girly! Love, Katrina.
P.S. everyone at church asks how you are doing and are thinking about you!