
Amber and I got to be a part of an amazing program that's done every year at Disneyland during Christmastime. The Candlelight program is a massive choir composed of mostly high school, but some college, and community (that was us! The Riverside Community Choir) choirs from all over the place. Choirs have to send in audition tapes sometime during the fall. If chosen, they practice on their own until the week before when they meet up with the official conductor for a huge practice session. Singing with a group of that caliber was so amazing. It was even cooler (can I still use that word in 2008?) when we got to Disneyland the day of the performance and the symphony and trumpeters joined us. The trumpeters were all decked out in their Sleeping Beauty-esque costumes and were at the top of a tower near the train station when we performed. It was great!
Why is it called Candlelighters? Well, we all parade down main street holding fake candles and singing Christmas songs, and then end up at the Train Station and sing a whole program of songs with our little candles still flickering. Well, everyone else's candles were glowing brightly...mine died sometime during our second performance. Woops!
Why is there a picture of John Stamos attached to this blog? Well, he was the narrator, and that is very cool, so I added his picture (Also, I didn't take my camera that day, so I'm improvising). I used an old school picture of him because this is the Uncle Jessie that we all know and love. Ahhh, the 90's...
Why is there a picture of John Stamos attached to this blog? Well, he was the narrator, and that is very cool, so I added his picture (Also, I didn't take my camera that day, so I'm improvising). I used an old school picture of him because this is the Uncle Jessie that we all know and love. Ahhh, the 90's...p.s. Can you find me in the choir picture??? (Hint: I'm on the left-ish and in the center-ish)

2 comments:
Amy, that sounds so awesome! Wish we could have been there to see you. My kids would have loved that.
John Stamos is the coolest. Yes, I said coolest. But I'm not a reliable judge on which words are still OK to use. Love the post and the updates on the blog!
Post a Comment